It's A Bird, It's A Plane...

Today was a long day at the hospital once again. We thought it would be a quick trip to the lab, but unfortunately it turned out otherwise. Mom was not feeling well over the weekend and she needed to have hydration and magnesium.

I was able to bring mom to the Cozy Chemo Corner today and then leave for my dreaded pap smear appointment. I decided after eight years I should probably check things out considering mom's history. I don't believe ovarian cancer is hereditary, but it is a silent monster, so I wanted to be on the safe side. Remember ladies to get your well checks done periodically. Don't take any unnecessary chances. This is just a friendly reminder.

One of the downsides of the Chemo Corner, is that there is always a large bowl of chocolate sitting on the counter for all to consume. Well, I couldn't help myself, so I partook of the goodies. Today I ate, okay I'll admit it, several dove chocolates. If you are not aware of it, they always have a promise written on the inside of the wrapper. I wanted to share some of the promises I received:

  • Love is always the perfect gift.
  • Happiness is celebrating the little things.
  • A helping hand is sometimes the best present of all.
  • If old acquaintances be forgot, give them a call and remember.
  • Add a little sweetness to your day.

The last one was something I had already done, otherwise I wouldn't have had so many promises to share. LOL. As I ate my dove chocolate, I fondly thought of my daughter Jessie. If I recall correctly, she too loves dove chocolates. I wish you were here to enjoy them with me. I love you girlie.

It's a Bird, It's a Plane...Mom and I loved hearing and watching the birds and planes as they flew in the Hawaiian skies. Mom commented that Guam does not have the friendly birds like they are here in Hawaii. Hawaiian birds are adapted to people and will come right up to you with no fear. There were several birds perched in the front lawn basking in the sun, while others poked at the ground looking for food. It was quite a treat to listen to such beautiful music as they chirped their tunes. Twin, a young resident here at the Fisher House sadly left us today. We vowed to watch the planes this afternoon and think of her. Mom and I both wished it were us on the plane heading home. We know that all in due time we will rejoin the rest of our families. It will be a day of happiness.

The night ended with us relaxing. I actually started addressing my Christmas Cards and getting my packages ready to mail to the mainland. Can you believe Christmas is upon us already? Where does the time go?

Have a wonderful evening and to all a good night.

 

0 comments: