Cosmic Flood Light

As of yesterday and today, mom has not been feeling well. Her body apparently feels weak and very heavy. She told me it seemed as though it felt swollen. Luckily we have a handicapped shower, so when I am bathing her, she can sit down. Even though the doctors have recommended a little walking, she finds it very difficult to stand up for any length of time. I wish I could take her pain away. It just breaks my heart to see her hurting.

The weather has been very rainy and windy the last couple of days. As I take mom out for her fresh air (cigarette break), we spend our time talking about the wonders of life. As we watched a helicopter fly through the air, it brought back memories of my father. We talked about how dad used to have to ride a helicopter to service generators on majestic mountaintops. We also talked about how my brother (James) and my father used to go spear fishing on Guam when we were kids. So many fond memories have been rekindled. It's already been 18 years since dad's been gone. May he rest in peace. We sure do love and miss you dad.

A new fascination of mine is star gazing and moon watching. Last night the moon was bigger and brighter because it was closer to the earth. They say it's like a "Cosmic Flood Light". It was absolutely spectacular.

Since the weather was so bad, we spent the rest of the day chilling out and watching t.v. The Christmas Holiday is so closely upon us, I can't believe it. I hope everyone has been good little boys and girls.

May you all have a wonderful evening and know you are loved!

 

0 comments: