No Chemo Today

It's been almost four months since I left Florida to care for my mother who is going through Chemo treatment here in Hawaii. She has been fighting this monster (Ovarian Cancer) since 2003, and maintains such a great spirit and never complains. She exemplifies strength beyond belief.

She has become stricken with an infection this past week that has temporarily halted her progress. We are hoping that next week she will feel better and be back on track. It hurts my heart to see her in pain throughout this ordeal. I silently cry tears at night wishing there was more I could do for her.

This past week we were told by the Doctor that a Bone Scan was necessary. It has been determined that now the cancer has spread to her lumbar spine (Bone Cancer). This will now also entail a regimen of radiation. Soon we will find out when this will be added to our schedule.

As a care-giver I have found it to be more difficult than I ever could have imagined. I struggle with so many emotions; feelings of helplessness, anger, frustration, and yet I have to stay strong for my mom. Therefore, my feelings remain bottled up or silently unveiled when I retreat outside or to the bathroom. The tears seem never-ending.

I hope by starting this blog it will help me unleash the pain I feel due to the uncertainty of our daily lives. Also, I want to use it as a platform to reflect on the positive things that are happening as we make a difference during these trying times. Mom has touched many people who are being challenged by adversity by continuing to stay focused and have such a positive attitude. Thanks mom, that's why I love you so much.

I will close for now by saying Thank You God for another day. Live and Love Life everyone!


 

1 comments:

Jessie said...

I love both of you, just know that i am with you even across the ocean :)stay strong and cry when needed just not over those silly commercials..lol