Lazy Day

Today started out with a request for chicken nuggets, peanut butter toast and milk for breakfast. It seemed strange to me, but I quickly fulfilled mom's desires. With her weight only at 86 pounds, I was glad that she was actually wanting to eat. Lunch consisted of a couple of Taco Bell Taco's and a Pepsi. As night fell, mom had some mixed vegetables, potatoes, roast beef and some water.

It was a good day for eating and it may seem silly, but for me it was a big accomplishment. It's crucial to keep mom's weight in check, but there are just many days that food just isn't appealing to her. She may eat a spoonful and then that's her limit. I've gotten to where I don't argue about it, I now accept it as a condition to be taken day by day. It has to be hard for her, so she doesn't need the added stress of me getting onto her about it.

It was kind of a Lazy Day. Mom and I enjoyed one of our favorite channels, the Lifetime Movie Network. A couple of movies that touched my heart were Accidental Friendship and Timepiece. They both had you reflecting on the importance of love, caring, hope and faith. With Thanksgiving tomorrow, it was a nice conclusion to our evening.

I received several phone calls from early well wishers today. The calls came from Tennessee, Wisconsin, Colorado, Pensacola, Tampa and Palm Coast. I loved hearing from both my children, my brother and many friends. The support I have received while being here has just been overwhelming. I am truly THANKFUL for each and everyone of you. You all mean so much to me.

Until Turkey Day tomorrow, everyone have a great night. Sleep Tight, Love ya!

 

0 comments: